I Tried Color Wow's Viral "Dream Coat" Spray and It Gave Me Glassy, Liquid Hair

wow dream coat for curly hair

Weightless spray creates voluminous, glossy, hydrated, bouncy curls for a touchable, natural, crunch-free finish. All-in-one styling solution for hydrated, bundled, glossy curls. Air-dry or blow-dry (contains heat protectant) using a diffuser. The key to getting IG-worthy results is to thoroughly saturate both the surface and bottom of your hair with product, then use a brush to apply light tension while completing the drying process. This will come as a surprise to no one, but I am not particularly skilled at the art of the at-home blow-dry. My attempt on this day could best be described as the halfhearted bare minimum, but less than 10 minutes later, my hair looked several levels glossier without any additional product.

Save on Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner Sets from Color Wow

When heated with a blow-dryer, these polymers react to form an invisible, water-repelling coat on each strand. This thin coat helps smooth hair and boost shine without weighing it down or creating a slick, greasy feel. All my fears were a waste of time because the Dream Coat for Curly Hair contains zero alcohol and made my hair feel incredibly soft and hydrated. It's nothing like a spray-on gel or stiff hairspray either. Instead, the product feels like you're spritzing your hair with water.

My hair stays frizz free

Color Wow Founder Gail Federici On What It Takes To Be A Beauty Mogul - Forbes

Color Wow Founder Gail Federici On What It Takes To Be A Beauty Mogul.

Posted: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 08:00:00 GMT [source]

It also felt noticeably smoother and less tangled, even after my subsequent wash days. Shampooing eventually removes the polymers, but the effects are meant to hold up through 3-4 washes (I found it started wearing off around the third one). But for an impressive few days, I had a great time watching the murky autumn light bounce off my waves. Color Wow attributes the humidity-shielding powers of its formula to heat-activated polymers, which also protect against the damaging effects of hot tools.

Can I use other products with Dream Coat?

I’m the rare individual that likes to douse herself in five different fragrances at all times, but I know many prefer not to have their beauty products clash with their perfumes. Dream Coat’s scent is so faint, it’s barely detectable and gone in half a second. From what my nose just barely picked up, I would classify it as a clean floral, but again, it’s very subtle.

Because of this, it doesn't weigh down curls before they even have a chance to dry and form. Making sure the spray evenly coats your hair is where things get tricky, though. #1 best-selling humidity-blocker features award-winning waterpoofing technology. Delivers glassy-sleek, straight, frizz-free styles that last 3-4 shampoos. Heat-activated (contains heat protectant) when you blow-dry using tension. I feel a little sorry for any smoothing product I test; before it’s even fully emerged from the box, it’s already committed to the nearly impossible task of impressing a styling-averse person.

Raise the Root Thicken and Lift Spray

If something is good enough to make me pull my hairdryer out of retirement, rest assured that it’s worth adding to your cart. The main reason I’m so lax with my styling routine is that I truly detest the feeling of excess product in my hair. I’m happy to report that Dream Coat has the same consistency as pure water; no matter how much I spritz on, the mist comes out so fine and featherweight that it might as well not be there at all. Even after it’s been heat-activated and binds on to the hair, I still can’t feel the slightest hint of residue. When Color Wow Dream Coat Supernatural Spray landed on my desk, my immediate reaction was dismay that the heat-activated formula would require the use of a blow-dryer, which I had no idea where I’d stashed away.

wow dream coat for curly hair

This admittedly makes my hair look more tangled and frizzy in the morning. On the plus side, it's also allowed me to get a better idea of Dream Coat’s capabilities. No, Dream Coat contains hydrolyzed keratin protein derived from cashmere wool. Dream Coat’s weightless formula will not build up on your hair or get heavy, so your hair will not fall flat. After you wash your hair with Color Wow Color Security Shampoo and Conditioner, towel dry and divide into sections.

Color Wow Dream Coat for Curls Humidity-Proofs Your Hair

The instructions recommend sectioning off your hair and saturating your hair with the spray. I have a lob, so I pulled half my hair up and misted the bottom half of my hair before doing the top half. Our ultra-light spray is a “one-and-done” formula that replaces the layers of gels, creams and serums typically used to control and define curls…which build up, weigh curls down and make them dull.

Get Glossy, Silky Free-Free Hair with Color Wow's Dream Coat Treatments

Dream Coat for Curly Hair is a one-step curl styling solution, made for people with naturally wavy/curly hair who want to achieve hydrated, bouncy frizz-free curls with no crunch or stiffness. It’s applied to damp hair, then air-dried or blow dried using a diffuser. Dream Coat Supernatural Spray is an anti-frizz treatment for people with frizz-prone hair, wavy, curly or straight, who want to achieve a sleek, glossy, frizz-free blow-dry style that’s humidity-proof and lasts for days. It’s applied to damp hair, and it’s activated when you blow-dry using tension.

It’s for anyone who wants amazing humidity-proofing, a sleek, smooth, glossy finish or wants to achieve Chris Appleton’s signature glass hair styles. At $28 for a 6.7 fl oz bottle, I find this to be an affordable alternative to a salon appointment. While you do need to use a fair amount each time (on my mid-length hair, I estimated sprays per use), you’ll still get at least a 1-2 month’s usage out of each bottle. Depending on how often you wash your hair, you could stretch that out even longer.

However, we do recommend shampooing your hair at least once prior to color application. No, you'll need to apply it to damp or wet hair to get the best results. If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. All of this, without any weight so curls stay light and springy. For best results, we don’t recommend using other products with Dream Coat during application, except for our Color Wow Dream Cocktails, as these will not diminish results.

Spray Color Wow Dream Coat evenly and liberally on DAMP (not wet) hair.Blow-dry using a brush to create tension. Results last through 3 to 4 shampoos.Want to see it in action? If you have an NDULGE account you can receive 10 Ndulge points per review, for a maximum of 10 reviews per month. Please see here for further information about your reviews and NDULGE points.

I’ve put it through a fair amount of bleaching over the last five years (varying shades of burgundy and fire-engine red highlights before settling on low-maintenance warm brunette), but it’s remained in good health. I attribute this to the skills of my colorist, Diaz at New York’s Bumble and bumble, and the fact that I rarely use heat tools. The Dream Coat for Curly Hair's anti-humidity powers aside, I wish it gave my curls longer-lasting definition. By the second day, they started to hang a bit more loosely than usual, so I had to refresh them with the Morrocanoil Curl Re-Energizing Spray. Pressing the nozzle over and over again was like a workout for my finger. The first time I used the Dream Coat for Curly Hair, I don't think I used enough because my ringlets weren't as defined as usual, and I had some stray hairs that were straight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incredible Where To Get Transcripts From College 2023

These 22 Long, Layered Haircuts Are Giving Us Hair Envy